This is a brief for an online yarn store.
- The purpose of this design is to improve the Lion Brand site to make it more accessable and user-friendly.
- Some pages need to be compacted down and links made clearer (on one page there is two links to the same page right next to each other, one of these links also has a drop down navigation that goes to second level pages)
- It could use another column for extra links and information.
- Navigation needs to be labelled more clearly.
- The general layout is out dated also needs to be addressed.
- Site colours need to be changed to fit in with the lionbrand logo.
- Site needs it own signature It is wishy-washy and pretty generalised.
- The client is looked for a fresher, newer site which can be easily used and navigated around to boost sales and site hits.
Website design research
Websites that inspire
Points to keep
Once logged in, prices are displayed in users currency.
Points to consider/change
It has two naviation bars which need to be collaberated and possibly have drop downs added to them for extended menus. Also the navigation bars change from page to page.
Logo colours- gold and green need .
‘Making contact’ details (newsletter, find-a-store, ph numbers, contact details) need to be grouped and stuck on one page.
Pattern search needs to be upgraded- most the options can be check boxes/hotlink lists instead of scroll lists, there are several scroll lists on the search page which make the search too detailed and bring back less results.
Could possibly do with a chatboard so customers can help each other out with problems/’moderators’ can answer questions.
Text should be plain black for easier reading, links should be recognisable by being a different colour.
Shop needs to be more visual, picture links for different products.
Could include a short description of basic information under pics of wool (Fiber makeup, meterage, recom. needle size, gms etc.)
The ‘lb collection’ doesn’t clearly link back to the main website, no menu navigation.
Pages take a long time to load because of menu icons.