Perform a clean installation of an OS when…
A computer is passed from one employee to another.
The OS is corrupt.
When a new hard drive is installed.
Before doing a clean installation…
Back up all data first.
Explain to the customer that the data will be erased.
Confirm that all the data has been transfered and that it works.
- Format and partition the hard drive.
- Prepare the disk to accept the file system.
- Check the directory structure that organises the OS, apps, configuration and data files is porvided by the file system.
- Check the device manager for conflicts (yellow exclaimation marks)
The user provides…
- The date and time settings
- definition of the currency and numerals
- Text input language
- Name of user
- Name of company
- Product key
- Computer name
- Admin password
- Network settings
- Domain or workgroup information